City Code Table for Casio SGW300HD-1AV Watch


This city codes are provided in the watch user manual but for the ease of references in the web, I put this table in this blog in case i wanted to refer to it using my smartphone. Hope you find this useful.

Code City UTC/GMT offset (hours)
WLG Wellington 12
NOU Noumea 11
GUM Guam 10
SYD Sydney 10
ADL Adelaide 9.5
SEL Seoul 9
TYO Tokyo 9
KUL Kuala Lumpur 8
HKG Hong Kong 8
SIN Singapore 8
BJS Beijing 8
PER Perth 8
TPE Taipei 8
BKK Bangkok 7
RGN Yangon 6.5
DAC Dhaka 6
KTM Kathmandu 5.75
DEL Delhi 5.5
KHI Karachi 5
KBL Kabul 4.5
DXB Dubai 4
THR Tehran 3.5
JED Jeddah 3
DOH Doha, Qatar 3
MOW Moscow 3
BGW Baghdad 3
HEL Helsinki 2
ATH Athens 2
ANK Ankara 2
NIC Nicosia, Cyprus 2
CAI Cairo 2
JRS Jerusalem 2
MAD Madrid 1
PAR Paris 1
AMS Amsterdam 1
ROM Rome 1
MCM Monte Carlo, Monaco 1
BER Berlin 1
STO Stockholm 1
PRG Prague 1
UTC / GMT / ZULU Greenwich, UK 0
LON London 0
LIS Lisbon 0
RAI Praia (Cape Verde) -1
FEN Fernando de Noronha (Brazil) -2
RIO Rio de Janeiro -3
BUE Buenos Aires -3
YYT St. Johns -3.5
SCL Santiago, Chile -4
YHZ Halifax -4
CCS Caracas -4.5
YTO Toronto -5
MIA Miami -5
NYC New York City -5
YWG Winnipeg -5
MEX Mexico City -6
CHI Chicago -6
YEA Edmonton -7
DEN Denver -7
YVR Vancouver -8
LAX Los Angeles -8
ANC Anchorage -9
HNL Honolulu -10
PPG Pago Pago -11

Update (9 Feb 2017)

It has brought to my attention that some countries observe Daylight Saving Time (DST). For those who are from countries that observing it, you can actually turn the DST feature of this watch on. To do that, go to the World Time (WT) mode and push and hold the "Adjust" button until you see the DST on the screen.


Comments

  1. Thanks v. much, Boon Seong, for this city list, couldn't find it anywhere in the User Guide !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Francis, that is weird. Anyway Im glad this helps you. I was putting this up just for me to refer online. I can't be carrying the use guide every where.

      Delete
  2. Hay boon Seong is there Philippines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kendrick, unfortunately there is no explicit Phillipines city code on the watch but never the less, Phillipines GMT/UTC offset is +8 hours. So it means you can use whichever cities that have 8h offset.

      Delete
  3. what do I do when gshock does not have my city code Memphis tn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I check the UTC offset with timeanddate.com and found out that Memphis UTC offset is -5 hours. From the table you can choose between Toronto, Miami, New York City or Winnipeg as your reference city.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Hello Nick, from timeanddate website, the UTC offset is -5 hours. From the table you can choose between Toronto, Miami, New York City or Winnipeg as your reference city.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. The UTC offset for Louisville, Kentucky is -4 hours. You can use Santiago or Halifax as reference.

      Delete
  6. What about Coeur d alene idaho

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. For Bogota Columbia, the UTC/GMT offset would be -5 hours.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. For Muscat Oman, you can use Dubai time zone. (UTC/GMT offset is +4 hours)

      Delete
  9. You gave incorrect advice to several individuals, Memphis & Oklahoma city are not in the Eastern time zone so advising to use Miami or NYC (GMT -5) is incorrect. They should be using Chicago (GMT -6) which is in the central time zone. Also, Louisville KY is in the Eastern time zone (GMT -5) as with NYC or Miami not (GMT -4) which is the Atlantic time zone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for the message. You are correct that all the timezone you have specified. Apparently, I did not notice that Daylight Saving time is practice in US. For example Memphis is UTC -5 from MAR to NOV and it is UTC -6 from NOV till MAR. https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zone/usa/memphis

      Thank you for bringing this up.

      Delete
    2. Hello again, I re-read again the manual for my watch and it turns out it has DST feature where I can turn it on! But my country does not observe it so I left it switched off. I will make a note for the reader in this post about it.

      Delete
  10. I can't find Amsterdam in my casio 5229 ga 201 1a. wich one can i use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! nice G-Shock piece. I checked with the manual (http://support.casio.com/storage/en/manual/pdf/EN/009/qw5229.pdf) of your G-Shock and I couldn't find Amsterdam. Anyway, the UTC offset for Amsterdam is -1 hour (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/netherlands/amsterdam). You could use Madrid, Paris, Rome, Berlin or Stockholm as there are in the time zone of UTC -1 hour. I also notice that this watch has daylight saving feature and you can use it if your country observe it.

      Delete
  11. I can't seem to find my city code I'm from Boston Ma can anyone help thanks

    ReplyDelete
  12. how about for malaysia(sarawak)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What is the city code for Beaumont texas. It's about an hour from Houston Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What is the code for Beaumont texas? It's about an hour away from Houston Texas

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have casio g-shock 5229 GA-120 I can't find my country dar es salam ,Tanzania

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm in Minnesota.. What's my code pls.?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have thd Gshock 120.. Oh Minnesota USA

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to force only 4G or LTE network connection for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Mounting NFS share directory from D-link DNS 320L on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS